Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Part ~ 15 A True Break In the Case

On November 21st. The day before 'Thanksgiving'. Two young men were arrested in Williamsburg , Kentucky, while trying to commit a daring, double robbery of a motel and a 'Dairy Queen'.

When they and their car were searched. The police found 12 guns, all loaded. Some still had price tags on them.. Two knives, false ID's , and equipment to make more. Stolen License plates, A detailed drawing of a bank, bank money wrappers, masks,and letters to an ex-girlfriend. Saying how they were doing 3-5 grams of coke a day if not more, and their exploits .Bloody boots, a back pack with bloody clothes and a bloody knife in it.  last but not least, a road Atlas with their travel route clearly marked on it.

They were from Michigan...New Baltimore Michigan to be exact.

They had worked at the same pizzeria that the young man here did and where he was killed. And not only did they know him, one was rumored to have dated the young man's sister. Later it was found to be true.

They had marked their route in the atlas, they also put red marks on the places were they had committed a murder along with a robbery so as not to return there.. There was a mark on St Augustine, Florida. Where the Subway sandwich clerk was killed. One on Bristal, Virginia, where a 64 year old gun store clerk was killed...and one here on New Baltimore, were the young man was killed.

Our attorney called to tell us of their arrest. That day I went to town to pay my water bill. And due to the atmosphere in town I usually tried to avoid going there. Still do to this very day actually. But anyways,
I was waiting to pay my bill and could hear the man and two women behind the counter talking about my son and the murder. I broke...

I stood up straight, a little taller, cleared my throat, and said .."Excuse me, that's my son you are all talking about. And I just want to say he is innocent. He was coerced to confessing. Read the papers tonight, you will see they have caught the true murders in Kentucky. And I guarantee you, my son will be coming home. Mark my words on that." They might not remember that day, but I will never forget it.

No comments: